Build New Library - Make Package

Dimitrios Fryganiotis dimitrios.fryganiotis at nsl.eu.com
Wed May 3 12:31:47 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest MapGuide Open Source and I have to say that
it is really good software.

However, I am struggling with some of its features. I want to create a
new library and generally to

Make a new Package through the functionality provided in the
administration page. I have a folder

called World and within that folder a couple of XML and Data
files(SDFs). When I give that path to the Folder name e.g

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Temp\World and package name
World it comes up

with the error: Cannot create package World from folder C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Temp\World: Invalid resource name:
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Temp\World

That's the first issue, the other is that I don't have original SDF data
files but SHP. I use the SDF Loader to convert them into

SDF and seems to work ok, but is this the correct way for creating short
of Spatial Data sources and putting them into the package?

I would appreciate if somebody has an example of creating a new
Library/Package step by step. I am using an Apache web-server

and PHP for programming language. Thank you very much in advance.

King Regards

Dimitris