Installing mapguide

Javier de la Torre jatorre at gmail.com
Thu May 4 12:09:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am installing mapguide right now, but I am having some problems
following the instructions on the PDF file.

I am trying to use all the default settings on an Intel with Red Hat 9.

First I installed Apache, Tomcat and PHP (APT) using the provided
package. Everything seems to be fine, the servers are available and
everyhting worked fine.

Then I download the Mapguide server an Mapguider server extensions and
I build the OEMcomponents. This also seems to compile fine.
IMake 1.0: Build Successful ........................
Done building OEM components .......................

Then I go and try to build and install the default configuration:

aclocal    I get this:

------------
acinclude.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_HELP_STRING
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
acinclude.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_SUBST
acinclude.m4:19: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_FAST_OUTPUT
acinclude.m4:25: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_GEN_CONFIG_VARS
acinclude.m4:67: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_GENERATE_MAKEFILES
acinclude.m4:74: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_OUTPUT
acinclude.m4:83: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_DEFINE_TYPE_RLIM_T
acinclude.m4:108: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_SUBST_EXPANDED_ARG
acinclude.m4:115: warning: underquoted definition of MAP_EXPORT_ARGUMENTS
-------------

libtoolize --force OK
automake --add-missing --copy   OK
autoconf    OK
./configure   OK
make OK
make check OK
make install  get into troubles... After lot of messages I start
getting errors, this is the first one:

BOpcodeHandler.cpp:52:29: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
BOpcodeHandler.cpp:4970: error: field `jerr' has incomplete type

And I can not continue following the instructions :(

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance.

Javier.