[mapguide-users] Custom Symbols

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Nov 15 12:45:44 EST 2006

Fontographer is apparently the premium font creation tool, but I've been
importing bitonal symbols into High-Logic FontCreator with a fair amount
of success.  Using fonts is a pain, but it does add some flexibility
around making sure that web and desktop GIS users are seeing the same
thing.

http://www.high-logic.com/

Jason

________________________________

From: Campbell, Keith A
Subject: [mapguide-users] Custom Symbols

 I'm having some unexpected problems with custom symbols.

Firstly, I can add symbols into a symbol library, but some of them do
not display when added to a point layer. This happens with fonts also.
I've not identified what the difference is between the ones that display
and the ones that don't as yet - perhaps there is some limit on the size
of the symbol file?

Secondly, I can't add a custom symbol that has a transparent background.
Are fonts the only way to go with this (if you can get them to display)?
If so, does anybody know of a good application that will create true
type fonts?

<http://www.blackspider.com/>