[mapguide-users] RE: Studio Enterprise and Web Studio Cannot Connect Randomly

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Nov 16 19:11:51 EST 2006

For anyone who's keeping track...

Setting the StartServers to a higher number did not seem to help me.

What has seemed to help was setting the StartServers and MaxServers to
the same number.  I guess this is OK if you're not worried about memory
leaks or dynamic resource allocation on your server.

It looks to me like any time a MapAgent child process is killed on
Windows, the FastCGI ISAPI handler doesn't get informed about it, and
the first request fails. If you restart IIS after killing a process, you
don't get the error; a new process is just started up.

Jason