[mapguide-users] SQL Server 2005

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 4 11:34:58 EDT 2006

Lockyer James wrote:
> I was thinking about storing XML fragments on the MS SQL. Must admit to
> still trying to get my head round how the FDO stuff connects accross both
> autodesk and the datasource.  Presumably the FDO provider 'converts' the
> data into GML which Mapguide then processes.

James,

I don't believe that FDO and MapGuide are using GML much, except perhaps
for geometries in config files and the WFS provider of course.  The internal
representation of geometries in FDO and MapGuide is a sort of extended
OGC well known binary geometry as I understand.   So I think a more natural
form to put stuff in the database would be OGC or extended Well Known Binary
or Well Known Text format.

Best regards,