SQL Server and ODBC

Gord McKenzie gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Thu Oct 5 11:51:42 EDT 2006

I asked a question a couple of days ago about SQL Server versions.  I am
asking this question in a new thread as that one has taken on a life of it's
own regarding FDO and SQL Server 2005.

I am trying to access point data in a SQL Server table and having some odd
results.    Using ODBC I create a data source to talk to SQL Server 2000.  I
get strange results.  If I don't change the ODBC connection to point to a
specific database then I get some results when I use the show tables button.
It lists the first 10 tables in the "master" database.  If I change the
driver to point to any other default database, the show button does not
return anything.  There are no errors generated.  If I choose to use a
connection string, then I get the same results by changing the database
setting.  I can set Database=master and get the 10 table result (there are
more than 10 tables in that db).  If I set the database to anything else I
get no results.

I have tried this on a SQL Server 2005 express database and it seems to work
as expected.

SQL Server 2000 is SP4.

I know I saw a thread where someone had a problem in Oracle getting tables
to show but I found no helpful answers there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Gord