Feature Join

Gord McKenzie gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Thu Oct 12 11:03:35 EDT 2006

I am trying to create a simple feature join.  I have an SDF file and an
Access database.  The key column in the Access database is a long integer
and I am trying to join on the SDF_ID also listed as int32.  Every time I
create the join I get all the correct fields etc. in the Author.  I soon as
I try to create a layer Iget a warning saying I am trying to connect to an
incompatible feature source.  My SDF file is no longer usable for any layer
definitions.

The Feature Class seems to go missing.  I assume this is the case as I no
longer get the full layer definition dialog box to show up in the Author.  I
also tried to do this with a shp file and had the same problem.  Here the
Author shows the full layer dialog but the Feature Source drop down is
blank.

This is a simple join of 10 records in a db table to 10 polygons, designed
to make as simple a test as possible.

I'm stuck!  Any ideas?

Thanks