Bug found...

Willem Schwarte willem at giskit.nl
Fri Oct 13 05:19:28 EDT 2006

Or maybe I'm just not doing it right..

I have created a point layer with ODBC fdo. Created a theme with
different symbols. If I add this layer to the map, the theming is
correct, that is, the correct symbol is shown.

Then, in studio, I will save this layer as XML. Next I load this XML (as
in the example) and add it to the map dynamically. This works great,
except that the theming does not work as it should. At every point, the
first symbol from the theming-list is shown. I tested this by changing
the order in the list and saving the XML again and reloading the entire
map, the first symbol is shown.

This is strange, because through studio the theming works fine... So I
created a layer from shapes (points also) and made a colored theme.
Saved it as XML and added it dynamically. This theming work as expected.

So maybe it has to do with the symbols? Added a symbol theme to the
previous layer. This also works correct.

So I'm thinking it has to do with the ODBC thing. This is strange,
because the properties on selecting the symbol are correct. So if theme
on a property name it says: nameXXX. But the symbol belonging to nameXXX
does not show. Just the first symbol.

I hope this is clear enough explained... and I hope somebody can help me
with this.

Willem