FDO - MySQL issues/questions

Kerndata.com support at kerndata.com
Tue Oct 17 13:17:43 EDT 2006

Unexpected Error in contacting site URLI'm attempting to configure a MySQL connection in MapGuide Studio 2007 using the MySQL FDO I downloaded and installed from osgeo.org.

It appears that the "Test Connection" functions properly (I think) but the little box that shows whatever message it's supposed to show doesn't show a message - just a little yield sign with no message in the box (on user permissions errors I receive an actual message).

At any rate, when I ultimately enter the correct connection information and attempt to browse for a Data store - I receive the following message:

"An exception occurred in FDO component.
RDBMS: Table 'information_schema.schemata' doesn't exist"

And then -

"No data stores found"

Any insight into this error - or how to actually connect to my MySQL db would be greatly appreciated.

DB = MySQL 4.1.20

Please advise,

Eric Brown
Kerndata.com