[mapguide-users] MapGuide 1.0.2 with Autodesk Raster FDO?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 24 13:27:54 EDT 2006

Jason Birch wrote:
> Cool.  I haven't used the Autodesk raster provider yet.  Using it via
> Studio required me to create a package and upload the images to the
> MapGuide server, which seemed like a pain in the...
>
> I'll have to try it your way, perhaps there is some way to shortcut the
> creation in Studio and then alter the resource XML via the mapagent unit
> test scripts.

Jason,

Right.  In my case, I use mapagent to insert the datasource XML resource,
and the raster layer resource, and then used WebStudio to add the layer
to my map, and do further manipulation.

> Does GDAL support image catalogs of some format?  I can't imagine that
> it's efficient to just point to a folder full of images without some
> kind of aoi index.

Good point.  I'm sure it is not efficient for any significant number of files.

The config file mechanism uses XML files looking something like the attached.
I *think* <Georeference> object is used to select which files impact the
spatial area requested to avoid opening more files than necessary.  (I'm not
actually sure about this).  So in theory, this sort of config file can be
used as a catalog.

I'm guessing that the normal Studio raster support includes some ability to
create this config file, though I don't know the details.

Best regards,