Turning on layer from task frame

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:07:50 EDT 2006

I'm doing this on the server side, where $_REQUEST[layer_name] hold the layer
that the user has selected:

$trackLayer = $layers->GetItem($_REQUEST[layer_name]);
trackLayer->SetVisible(True);
$trackLayer->SetSelectable(True);
$trackLayer->SetDisplayInLegend(True);
$trackLayer->ForceRefresh();

And then on the client side, from the script frame:

parent.mapFrame.Refresh();

However, the layer does not get checked in the Layers pane, and the layer
only becomes selectable when that checkbox is checked. I don't see a
JavaScript API call for this operation. Something like

mapFrame.checkLayer(layerName,true | false)

would be useful.