MaPguide Enterprise Linux install with ODBC to mysql...

Willem Schwarte willem at giskit.nl
Mon Sep 4 09:44:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

We have a mgES on redhat es3 with a odbc layer to a mysql database. We
use this for a point layer. There are very little entries in the table (
less than 30).

If I zoom in to a spot where I know that something is fetched from the
database ( at a small scale 1:500) and play a little at that spot (only
3 points are shown) the daemon is killed.

I don't know where to look for error messages... /var/logs/messages
doesn't log anything?!?

Is, when zoomed in to a small area, every record from the database
fetched, or does it only fetch just between the x

and y values of the extends!?

Willem