[mapguide-users] Street Name display - problem.

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Wed Sep 13 18:15:03 EDT 2006

I forgot to mention that if you switch to the DWF viewer, labeling behavior should be the same as (or very similar to) 6.5.
There is logic in the new algorithm to avoid rendering labels upside down, but it does break down in cases where the algorithm stitches multiple overlapping segments into a circle (or a topologically equivalent loop), which is what I think is happening in the case of Maciej's map.
Looking at this, I do get a couple of ideas how to improve the stitching code to favor outgoing segments rather than ones that loop back or overlap, so I might come up with some fixes in the future.
Also, some labels are smaller because the algorithm determines that the line segment it is labeling is too short to fit a bigger label.

Traian.