[mapguide-users] POOL:DWF or AJAX

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Sep 15 11:08:50 EDT 2006

You can actually use these tools in conjunction.  I have both installed,
and will sometimes use the Tortoise tool when I know a single file has
changed and I don't want to go through the whole process.  However, I
prefer the commandline tools because they allow me to script the
update/export/build process.  My process is something like:

- Update FDO (using a version of the batch file provided in the
repository, changed from checkout to update)
- Export FDO to a build directory
- Build FDO third party tools
- Build FDO
- Update MapGuide
- Export MapGuide to a build directory
- Install FDO into the MapGuide OEM structure
- Build MapGuide
- Transfer MapGuide to my VMWare server.

With command line tools, I've been able to script most of this, with the
exception of building MapGuide.

Ivan, you've probably figured this out from the path that Kenneth
provided, but this is the command to check out MapGuide

svn checkout https://mapguide.osgeo.org/svn/mapguide/trunk/MgDev
"D:\OSGeo\MGDev" --username YourOSGeoID --password YourOSGeoPwd

Jason