3D data (or something similar) in mapguide

Zeeshan mshailze at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 01:08:14 EDT 2006

I had posted this message before but i guess replied and followed a wrong
thread.

HI
 I have a different dataset .

  It is about mountain elevations and a whole lot of stations which monitor
soil sediment and other factors
 Though i can get all these stations as points on mapguide , the real thing
we would like to see is surface- if we can put either DEM or TIN Data.

  we want to show surface elevation / surface layer in mapguide

 yes Contour lines can be put as a layer , but those are flat and do not
give the real object feel
  While raster seemed to be the only option,  it really does not suit our
application were the dataset keeps changing.  Morever Rasters would be
slow..anyday

 Is there any way of showing DEM or TIN data ? or anything close
 Too much for asking .... but  really worth thinkng of !

Thanks