Unable to select some features on map

Marco Spiga marcospiga at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 23 20:06:46 EDT 2006

Hello everybody, i hope my english is clear enough...

I encountered the following problem.
I created a layer using a shp file as datasource. I have no problems when
selecting with the mouse the items displayed in the preview. I assume that
because the one selected becomes blue.
Then i created a map and associated that layer to the map. After setting
Initial View coordinates i am able to see the layer displayed in the
preview.
The problem is that this time i am NOT able to do any mouse selection.
I can zoom and pan but not select.

I then repeated the same procedure with an sdf file from Sheboygan sample. I
had NO problems this time being able to select in the map preview.

Then i imported the same shp file into MapGuide Studio and used the sdf file
it created (i just copyed it from the Resources folder) again in webstudio.
Still i cannot select items.

(Same happens in MapGuide Studio).

Is there anything wrong with my file? Am i missing a setting somewhere?

Check "Features on the layer can be selected" is selected.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.