Linking to external data (Raster and Shape)

robert fritz robert-fritz at web.de
Thu Sep 28 08:39:39 EDT 2006

Dear List,

I tried to link to external data as descripted in the WhitePaper by Autodesk (see: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/linking_to_external_data_autodeskmapguidewhitepaper.pdf).

Raster Data
In MapGuide Studio I can see the new data source, but if I try to create a new layer and open the data source I get the error message "Feature source is invalid,...,Failed to de-serialize the spatial contexts from configuration". If I try to load the 4 raster images directly in Studio everything works fine - I can see the images. I tried to change the coordinate system (german gauss krueger to X-Y), i checked the bounding box several times - nothing.

Shape Data
In MapGuide Studio I can see the new data source, and I can see the shapes in the "feature data setup" / "feature class" of the Layer-definition, but they are not displayed in the layer preview.

Any ideas?

regards, Robert