[mapguide-users] FDO 3.1 for linux Fedora Core 4

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 28 09:31:37 EDT 2006

alba wrote:
> thank you for answer
>
> I am using gcc 4.0.2   (Red Hat 4.0.0-8)

Alba,

My work was with gcc 3.3.3.

> I have tried I am fdo 3.1 that fdo 3.2

Ah, sorry.  I was using FDO from SVN-head (aka 3.2), not 3.1.

> I have executed the following steps :
>
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]# export CC=gcc402
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]# export CXX=g++402
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]# export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.06
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]# cd /home/OpenSource
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]#./setenvironment.sh

Does the above step really do anything?  I didn't think that running
a script on linux like this would affect the parent shells environment.
I thought the only way to have it affect the environment would be to
do ". ./setenvironment.sh".  The . operator means to execute all the
commands in the current shell rather than to run them in a subshell.

> [root at CarboneLinux ~]sh build_thirdparty.sh
> [root at CarboneLinux ~]./build_linux.sh --d build

Did all of FDO get built and installed in /usr/local/fdo-3.1.0?

> [root at CarboneLinux OpenSource]# cd /home/OpenSource/Fdo/UnitTest
> [root at CarboneLinux UnitTest]# ./UnitTest
> null

Yikes, I haven't seen this occur before.  I would guess
something is in fact badly broken.  I'm afraid I don't know
what.