[mapguide-users] Status on installing MGOS on Debian / Linux

Paul Spencer pagameba at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 17:36:46 EDT 2007

Alex,

not sure about debian installs, but we are working on a new binary
installer for MapGuide using FGS (http://www.maptools.org/fgs/) that
should work on essentially any linux system (there are always some
problems though).  We have not yet got all the packages built using
FGS, but I would expect that it would be available in a few weeks.

While I am not working on this directly, I do know that there were
problems getting it to build with newer GCC (I think we got it
working with 3.2 and I heard rumours that someone had it building
with a 4.0 of some version).  I do know that it involves some black
magic ;)

Keep watching the list for some kind of announcement on this front.

Cheers

Paul