[mapguide-users] Status on installing MGOS on Debian / Linux

Alexandre Leroux alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca
Wed Apr 4 09:42:18 EDT 2007

Dear list,

I'm new to the list and new to MapGuide OS. My organization decided to
jump in the webmapping bandwagon. At this time, a MapGuide OS solution
is favored over a MapServer one.

One of my colleague has been trying to compile and install MapGuide OS
on Debian and many problems have been encountered. We don't and can't
have root access (not until the product gains operational status). We
also tried installing on Fedora Core using the root account, with
similar problems (but we really need it to work on Debian, not other
Linux flavors).

Before going further in details (e.g. which versions of gcc, make, MGOS,
FDO, the numerous configure and compile errors we encountered, etc), I'd
like to know what is the status of installing MapGuide Open Source on
Debian. Is it normal we have so much trouble? Have people succeeded? :-)

Thanks a lot,

Alex
--
Alexandre Leroux, M.Sc., Ing.
Environnement Canada / Environment Canada
alexandre.leroux at ec.gc.ca