[mapguide-users] Trying to run my first script

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Wed Apr 11 08:21:25 EDT 2007

Hi all. I'm trying to run my first php script, based on gotopoint.php, but so
far without success. I'm sure someone will see what I'm doing wrong and give
me a hint: I'm trying to set up link from another page, outside of Mapguide,
with something like this:

http://127.0.0.1/mapguide/index.php?X=5000&Y=3000&Scale=500

My right frame (overviewtask.php in example) has code like this:

<head>
    <title>Welcome</title>
    <link href="styles/globalstyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link href="styles/alphastyles.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="../viewerfiles/viewer.css" type="text/css">

  <script language="javascript">

function OnPageLoad()
{
    parent.parent.ZoomToView(<?echo $X;?>,<?echo $Y;?>,<?echo $Scale;?>,
true);
}

  </script>

</head>

<?php

   if (isset($_GET['X'])) {
  $X=$_GET['X'];
  $Y=$_GET['Y'];
  $Scale=$_GET['Scale'];
  echo"
  <h1>Zooming...</h1>
  } else {

  echo"
<h1 class=\"AppHeading\">Something</h1>
}?>

But, obviously, variables from URL are not passed to the right frame,
because output produced by this is:

parent.parent.ZoomToView(,,, true);

And, of  course, httpd error log about Undefined X,Y,Scale variables.

So, how can I pass the $_GET variable from url to the Task Pane, and finally
to ZoomToView function?

I read examples, but still don't quite understand this...