[mapguide-users] trying to understand

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Thu Apr 12 09:47:09 EDT 2007

I now have a working mgos and 22 days left on my studio trial. I want to get
to the next level so I can make some decisions.
Running 1.2 beta, on xp with (IIS 5.1) ajax viewer and .net.
When I start my browser  on the server machine I am presented with a login
dialog. I am using administrator to login there. I have set in the host file
the ip address to webmap.com. On another machine on my domain I have done
the same. However when I use the same URL
http://webmap.com/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library%3a%2f%2fProducti
on%2fACOG%2fLayouts%2fACOGAsp.WebLayout&LOCALE=en
I get cannot display page in ie7.
This is how I have always created an intranet before, am I missing
something?
Also I have read and attempted the thread previously to remove the login
dialog box. Can someone tell me specifically what file in what folder and
what line I am supposed to add the username password into?
Thanks for the patience.
Brad