[mapguide-users] Manual Configuration with existing installation of Apache2 and PHP: Does anybody have advice?

John Roberts johnemyr at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 07:04:57 EDT 2007

Dear All

I have installed MapGuide Server and MapGuide Web Server Extensions.

I would like to use the manual configuration option as I want to use
existing installations of Apache2 and PHP.

However I don't know how to do a manual configuration. I have started to
look at the 'Building and Configuring on Windows' page but the directory
structure is different to the directory structure installed with the .exe
file (i.e. I haven't got \mapguide-1.1.0, \buildtools within C:\Program
Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server).

My queries are:

1. Can I do a manual configuration to an existing installation of Apache2
and PHP using the .exe file? If so, are there any instructions?

2. If I do a manual configuration, do I need to do a build?

Many Thanks in advance for your time.

Kind Regards

John
Manchester, UK