[mapguide-users] Server Migration

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Apr 27 12:03:55 EDT 2007

On your development machine, access it via MapGuide Site Administrator.  Go
to the Manage Packages section.  Under Make Package, put in Library:// for
the folder name and then press the Make button.  Now, copy the resultant
.mgp file from your configured packages folder to the packages folder on
your production system.  Go into your production system Administrator and
then Load the package.  This will work for most datasources, but if you're
using the GDAL provider you may have to copy over your images and hook them
up again in your data connection.  The same applies for the new unmanaged
data source support in 1.2.0 beta (which I personally think is fantastic and
will be using exclusively).

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com