[mapguide-users] 1.2.0 Beta and overriding coordinate systems?

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Apr 27 13:08:14 EDT 2007

Hi,
Is the new overriding coordinate system of feature source functionality
currently broken in 1.2.0 beta 1?  I saw a note for MGE beta that stated
such and I just tried it in MGOS beta with a MySQL geometry field while
setting an LL override and it did not appear to work.  So, is this a known
problem in the current MGOS beta as well?  I'm very curious to find out what
will perform better: an ODBC data connection to MySQL with lat lon fields
defining geometry, or a MySQL connection with point geometry with a
coordinate system override.  In both cases, the layer is being embedded into
a state plane map so a coordinate transformation has to occur.  My
preliminary tests of just previewing the layers indicates that MySQL
geometry performs better.

Thanks.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.