[mapguide-users] Feature Joins Failing in MapGuide Open Source 1.2.0

James Card James.Card at calcad.com
Fri Apr 27 15:06:09 EDT 2007

We had given up on using feature joins to ODBC tables because performance
with previous versions was too slow. We resorted to placing all the
required data into the SDF files.

The 1.2.0 beta is supposed to have improvements in this area so we're
trying again. However, after successfuly defining a join for a
FeatureSource the new FeatureClass doesn't appear when creating a new
LayerDefinition, only the default FeatureClass is available.

I've reread the documentation and reviewed messages on this list relating
to joins, but still can't determine what's causing the problem. Others on
this list aren't complaining of joins being broken so it is probably a
local issue. Has anyone else encountered this problem? and hopefully can
tell me what I've done wrong?

--
James Card
California CAD Solutions, Inc.