[mapguide-users] 1.2.0 Beta and overriding coordinate systems?

Dave Wilson dave.wilson at autodesk.com
Fri Apr 27 15:08:54 EDT 2007

The override does work in some instances, but not consistently from what
we have seen so far in MGOS Beta. MySQL is a special case if you are
using non-FDO datastores (native MySQL geometry). The override appears
to be ignored and hence the previews don't display, but added to a map
of the correct coordinate system with the correct extent it will
preview. I don't believe it will transform, but we haven't tested that.

Although I understand most collected point data will likely be Lat Lon
this is no longer a restriction in an ODBC datasource. If you capture
your data in another coordinate system or convert it prior to storing it
you can just specify that in your ODBC FeatureSource connection and
avoid the transformation. MG 6.5 had the Lat Lon restriction for point
data.

I believe the fastest retrieval will occur from MySQL Spatial Point
Geometry using an FDO datastore. I suspect ODBC will be the slowest
depending on the dataset size, but have yet to actually confirm that.
Native MySQL probably lies somewhere in between.

Dave

  _____