[mapguide-users] Trouble making web layout work from session repository

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Thu Aug 2 16:38:50 EDT 2007

I am trying to load a modified map and web layout from the session
repository. I have had success up to the final step.

I get the mapdefintion from the repository
I modify the XML to change the extents and save it to the session repository
I get the weblayout from the repository
I modify the XML to change the mapdefinition and save it to the session
repository
When I try to use the modified layout I get the following error.

Argument is null.
Argument is null. Exception occurred in method MgWebLayout.ParsePrintCommand
at line 880 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source\build_3.1\mgdev\web\src\webapp\WebLayout.cpp

If I just get the webLayout from the repositry and stuff it into the session
repository I can then make that my current layout and it works great.  I
call one function that changes the ResourceID under the Map node of the XML
and it generates the above error.  Comparing the weblayout XML before and
after I change the ResourceID seems to indicate that the files are identical
except for the changed mapdefintion.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks