[mapguide-users] Update data from DWG into MapGuide. (new parcels after splitup...random ID)

Maciej Skorczewski maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl
Wed Aug 8 08:57:43 EDT 2007

Hi all!

My question is how did you update your data in MapGuide from DWG files.
As i know when user insert new dwg files into MapGuide (using Studio)
all parcels in layer take random ID(this is option when you insert new
data whit Mg Studio--so if yours data don't have unique fileds this is
good...whit this id i can make some operation of each one on my
interface...ex. add some files like PDF,DOC,JPG...it work corect...(each
parcels have one folder- name like ID of Parcels , to store all files
PDF, JPG...) this same can be store in database...

BUT

When my  clients update DWG (whit parcels) ex. add new parcels or
splitup some of it... and then i insert this DWG one more time i get
diferent ID  for old parcels...so all my data (files like PDF,DOC,JPG)
don't link corect to old parcels...

Is there any solution or script to check that new parcel have this same
shape as old,and if this is true then don't do anything...else add this
parcels whith new unique ID.

Maciek.