[mapguide-users] MG2007 and PHP as ISAPI on IIS5.1

Rahul unicorn_admirer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 22:47:06 EDT 2007

Hi,
           Thanks for your detail reply , i have MGE 2007 installed on Windows XP sp2 and Map Guide Web Server Extension on other machine having Windows XP sp2 with IIS 5.1,now i am trying to configure PHP with IIS using ISAPI but unable to get going with Mapguide site Server Login as well as with Map Agent.

  I read some posts as well as system requirements and i think for configuring with IIS ,Windows XP is not recommended as MapGuide Viewers make multiple simultaneous requests that can easily exceed the default limit set for the personal version of IIS included with XP.

  So keeping in mind about the above condition will it be possible to work having MGE 2007 installed on Windows XP sp2  and Map Guide WebServer Extensions installed on other machine having windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0 or i have to install MGE 2007 on windows Server 2003 as well as  Map Guide WebServer Extensions on other machine having Windows server 2003.Looking forward for some clarifications and sugestions.

  Thks
  Max !!

akramany <asm at cad-gis.com> wrote:

Hi Rahul ,

you can solve you problem by these steps :

* If you using MapGuide Server you should install it with windows 2003
server without SP2
* If you use ASP.NET with IIS in same machine you should do this steps
1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK.
2. Switch to the Drive:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v1.1.4322 folder. In
this folder, Drive is the drive where Windows is installed. To do this, type
the following line at the command prompt, and then press ENTER:
cd Drive:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322
3. Add the appropriate permissions to the Network Service group for the
Temporary ASP.NET Files folder. To do this, type the following line, and
then press ENTER:
aspnet_regiis -ir
Note For more information about the difference between the -ir command-line
option and the -i command-line option, visit the following Microsoft Web
site:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(vs.71).aspx
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(vs.71).aspx)
4. Type exit, and then press ENTER to quit the command prompt.

* in web.config make