[mapguide-users] programmatically add layer to initial map

Carl Grice carl.grice at key-systems.com
Mon Aug 13 08:26:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to programmatically filter and add a layer to a map that exists
in the repository before the map is initially loaded in the clients viewer.
The steps i am performing are as follows;

1)Initialize the web teir and open site
2)Create a new session and open a site connection
3)Use map.create() to create a map from an existing map definition in the
repository
4)Create a session resource identifier and use map.Save() to save the
existing map into the session repository
5)Use map.Open() to open the map resource just created in the session
repository
6)Use map.Getlayers() and insert() to add a new layer into the map
7)use map.save() to save the map with the added layer into the session
repository

When i debug my code i get no errors and the map displays in the viewer but
the added layer does not (even after performing a map refresh).

Please can you point me in the direction of a sample that performs a similar
task or provide a code example? (I have found similar problems disscussed
but cannot find a solution)

Thanks in advance.