[mapguide-users] Connect MGOS to Postgis database

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Aug 16 13:21:48 EDT 2007

>>>Do you have the PostgreSQL/bin directory in the system (not user)
path on the server?
> Do not quite follow this how can I check this

The PostGIS provider requires access to the PostgreSQL/bin folder (the
libpq.dll file, and its dependencies)  If you don't have PostGIS
installed on the same machine as the MapGuide server (which would make
sense), then just copy the entire directory from your PostGIS
installation onto the MapGuide server.  Then add it to the system path.

You can do this by right clicking on My Computer, then going to
Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables.  Under the "System
Variables" area, there should be a PATH variable.  Edit this variable,
adding the complete path to the local copy of the bin directory at the
start of this variable, followed by a semicolon.

Jason