[mapguide-users] MG Fusion: Ruler Widget improvement

web web at infogeo.ch
Fri Aug 17 08:12:48 EDT 2007

Hi all,
don't know where to post some improvement I've done. Don't know too, if I'm right to post that here :-| ... I've added some options to the Ruler widget as fellowing:
Here is the xml tag:
        <Command xsi:type="FusionCommandType">
            <Name>Ruler</Name>
            <Label></Label>
            <Tooltip>Measure distance</Tooltip>
            <Units>Meters</Units>
            <Precision>10</Precision>
            <RulerTooltipContainer>RulerContainerBox</RulerTooltipContainer>
            <RulerTooltipType>dynamic</RulerTooltipType>
                <!-- Only if Static -->
               <RulerTipPositionTop>0</RulerTipPositionTop>
               <RulerTipPositionLeft>100</RulerTipPositionLeft>
            <ImageURL>images/icons/measure.png</ImageURL>
            <TargetViewer>All</TargetViewer>
            <Action>Ruler</Action>
        </Command>

<Precision> Allows to display fixed distances: Enter 10 for 0.1, 100 for 0.01, etc...

<RulerTooltipContainer> The ID of a <div> you placed in the form for Distances display. When not given, a new div will be built on the fly.

<RulerTooltipType> dynamic: the distance display box (div) will felow your Mouse, as already implemented.
static: The distance display box (div) will be placed on a specific location, given by the 2 fellowing tags: <RulerTipPositionTop> and <RulerTipPositionLeft>

Put this code in your css file or in the <style></style> of your sheet. This enables to customise the appearance of the display box.

#RulerContainerBox {
    font: 12px tahoma
    position: absolute;
    width: 110px;
    float: left;
    border: solid #cc9966 2px;
    background-color: #B9C6E3;
    display : 'none';
    visibility : hidden;
}

What would be very nice, is to create an implementation of a tag, that allows to choose between distance measuring or area measuring. I'll try to do that in the next weeks...

Rémy