[mapguide-users] SDE Error with Search command

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Fri Aug 17 11:47:03 EDT 2007

Mike,
  I hesitated to respond it looked like you had more luck with the sde provider than I did. You didn't get any responses so I thought I would let you know my experiences in case they did help.
I haven't been running mgos for a while now but when I did I was connecting to an sde 9.2 database. I was experiencing a problem with the utf-8 or unicode setting. Now in 9.2 all fields in sde are defaulted to unicode if you look and you no longer have a varchar32 field type but an nvachar field type, that is the new unicode. I had to use the dbtune file to change the keyword parameter to UNICODE_STRING "FALSE". I would imagine that just by knowing this you could reform you sql statement to either convert or accept this format (that is if it actually has anything to do with your problem).
BTW even the numeric fields are unicode.

Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:16:51 -0400From: Michael.Micallef at ontario.caTo: mapguide-users at lists.osgeo.orgSubject: [mapguide-users] SDE Error with Search command

I am using the FDO for ArcSDE connection to get at sde layers.   They are displaying fine and I can select and get info back from them
But
When using the built in search function to go against the data I continually get a “Unterminated string” Error and the map fails.

IU take the custom search out and the map  works.

Very basic search filter
"ASSESSMENT" LIKE '$USER_VARIABLE'

I can’t get it to search against sde layers – tried 2
Shapefile layers work fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike