[mapguide-users] SDF Compression

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Sun Dec 2 17:15:05 EST 2007

The SDF format is a tweaked version of the SQLite engine.
I don't think there's much to do about the size of it.
I have seen pretty heavy performance optimizations, if I remove all
unused columns from the data source.
Other than that, you might consider building different versions of the
SDF data for different zoom levels.
You can usually generalize the geometry, and thus get much faster
renderings.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S