[mapguide-users] Loading a large SHP file

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Dec 13 05:55:12 EST 2007

You can try to use it as a "unmanaged resource".
I have not used the SHP much, but it should be similar to the SDF procedure.

You can create a SHP featuresource, using a small file.
Then edit the FeatureSource xml, and modify the path to point at your
SHP file.
You can point the path to your SHP file, outside MapGuide.

This approach has pros and cons.
Pros include ability to backup the file easily, and shared access.
Cons are about the same, depending on what you think is great.

You should be able to find examples for the SDF procedure, and customize
it for SHP.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S