[mapguide-users] Can anyone tell me why I can't do a refresh

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Fri Dec 14 15:56:46 EST 2007

I have the following code in vb.net.  I get a javascript error when I try to
do the refresh.  If I place an html button in the page and execute
parent.parent.mapFrame.refresh();  It refreshes the map with my group turned
off.  For some reason, when I execute the sub as shown below,
parent.parent.mapFrame is not valid but parent.mapFrame is.  Same page as
the html button but obviously executed differently.  The debugger shows that
parent is viewFrame in this context and parent.mapFrame is valid.  However,
the refresh throws an error saying object or method does not exist.  I feel
like I'm missing something obvious but cannot discover what it is.  Anyone
have any help.

Thanks in advance.

Protected Sub RadioButton1_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
        InitializeWebTier()
        Dim mySiteConnection As New MgSiteConnection
        Dim myUserInfo As New
MgUserInformation(Session.Item("sessionID").ToString)
        mySiteConnection.Open(myUserInfo)
        Dim myFeatureService As MgFeatureService =
mySiteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.FeatureService)
        Dim myResourceService As MgResourceService =
mySiteConnection.CreateService(MgServiceType.ResourceService)
        Dim myMap As New MgMap
        myMap.Open(myResourceService, m_CurrentMap())
        Dim myLayerGroup As MgLayerGroup = Nothing
        Dim myLayerGroups As MgLayerGroupCollection = myMap.GetLayerGroups
        Dim i As Integer = 0
        For Each myLayerGroup In myLayerGroups
            If myLayerGroup.Name = "Group1" Then
                myLayerGroup.SetVisible(False)
            End If
        Next
        myMap.Save()
        Dim myKey As String = "mapRefresh"
        If Not Page.ClientScript.IsStartupScriptRegistered(Me.GetType,
myKey) Then
            Dim myScript As String = "parent.mapFrame.refresh();"
            Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, myKey,
myScript, True)
        End If
End Sub