[mapguide-users] MGOS 2.0.0 Beta 2 loadfile error

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:40:58 EST 2007

I have installed MapGuide Open Source 2.0.0 Beta 2 on Windows Server 2003. We
also have MGE 2008 running on this machine.

The MGOS web server does not start. When I manually try to start it, it
says:

httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 126 of C:/Program
Files/MapGuideOpenSource2.0/We
bServerExtensions/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
../Php/MgHttpHandler.dll
into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

It is this line that causes the failure:

LoadFile ../Php/MgHttpHandler.dll

However, the MgHttpHandler.dll is there. The other DLLs appear to load.

I note a difference in the permissions that the user has for the MGOS
MgHttpHandler.dll and the Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2008 MgHttpHandler.dll.
The former has only read and execute, the latter has full control. However,
when I manually add full control to the user for the former, it does not fix
the problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks