[mapguide-users] Generating tiles for google maps

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Dec 19 13:31:43 EST 2007

Specifics of this projection are documented at SpatialReference.org:

http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/google-projection/

And Charlie Savage has a good write-up of why it's not just Mercator:

http://cfis.savagexi.com/articles/2006/05/03/google-maps-deconstructed

Note, I have no idea how to add custom projections like this to Proj.4.
I wonder if you would be able to add the WKT representation directly to
your map?

http://spatialreference.org/ref/user/google-projection/ogcwkt/

Jason