[mapguide-users] Generating tiles for google maps

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed Dec 19 15:44:16 EST 2007

I have have been trying to modify my map using mapagent. I have exported
the resource content and then edited the coordinate system to use the
WKT representation of the projection. I can not seem to get past an
error in the Metadata tag:

'Parser message: In element Metadata: Can not have element children
within a simple type content. '

If I remove the metadata, I get an exception error when trying to open
the map in Studio. My XML is below:

<MapDefinition xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="MapDefinition-1.0.0.xsd">
<Name>New Map</Name>
<CoordinateSystem>
PROJCS["unnamed",GEOGCS["unnamed
ellipse",DATUM["unknown",SPHEROID["unnamed",6378137,0]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Mercator_2SP"],PARAMETER["standard_parallel_1",0],PARAMETER["central_meridian",0],PARAMETER["false_easting",0],PARAMETER["false_northing",0],UNIT["Meter",1],EXTENSION["PROJ4","+proj=merc
+a=6378137 +b=6378137 +lat_ts=0.0 +lon_0=0.0 +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0 +k=1.0
+units=m +nadgrids=@null +wktext  +no_defs"]]
</CoordinateSystem>
<Extents>
<MinX>0</MinX>
<MaxX>0</MaxX>
<MinY>0</MinY>
<MaxY>0</MaxY>
</Extents>
<BackgroundColor>FFFFFFFF</BackgroundColor>
<Metadata><MapDescription>GoogleTiles</MapDescription></Metadata>
</MapDefinition>

Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Thanks for the help!

George