[mapguide-users] FW: Problems while labeling polylines

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Mon Dec 31 04:35:38 EST 2007

Sorry for throwing that NaN part in, this is actually a topology property.
Proposed road network is build up of continuous linestrings ("arcs" or
"spans") broken at road crossings. I was just saying that you need to have
your geometry correct in first place. I can also elaborate further on
geometry "correctness" if you like :-) and you'll need to attach part of
your road network here for dissemination.

As for the layers and labels, the answer is - yes, in my experience
dinamically placed labels act better that way. On the other hand, you can
use road labels layer in situations when road geometry is obscured by some
other layer, i.e. orthophoto/satellite imagery, vector-based buildings with
their own labels, etc.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic