[mapguide-users] Studio projection interaction with MGOS

Clever, Max Maxc at spicergroup.com
Wed Feb 7 09:40:57 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have not been able to get Mapguide Studio or Web Studio to recognize
the coordinate system of the ".prj" file when uploading shapefiles to
sdf.  After investigating further I have come up with the following
comments/conclusisons/questions:

*	I don't think Mapguide Studio assign its Autodesk coordinate
systems to MGOS
	or if it does
*	How does it interact with the projections.xml file or other
projection files needed for MGOS?

*	The allprojections.xml file does not include all the projections
listed in the EPSG file (ie. Michigan State Plane Coordinates listed in
meters only).  Are the projections in this file somehow converted to
other units when specified?

*	Where does the data detailed in the kml line in projections.xml
come from?  Is there a rigid structure to what can be put in the
parameters of this line?

Any help on any of the items discussed here would be helpful.  Thanks.

Max Clever, L.S.I.T.

maxc at spicergroup.com