[mapguide-users] Studio projection interaction with MGOS

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Feb 7 09:58:08 EST 2007

Max,

the feature source support in Web Studio does not include the ability
to set projections currently, although we just discovered (yesterday
in fact) that it is possible to add a small block of xml to the
FeatureSource in the repository to provide a coordinate system for
feature sources that do not have a projection.  We are investigating
the possibility of adding this to WebStudio.

See http://mapguide.osgeo.org/trac/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc6 for a
description of a new capability that will be added to MapGuide.  This
describes extending the current behaviour to force the coordinate
system on feature sources that think they already have one.

For now, if you really need to do this, you can use the mapagent
(http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent) interface to
getresourcecontent on your feature source, add a block like this:

   <SupplementalSpatialContextInfo>
     <Name>LL84</Name>
     <CoordinateSystem>PROJCS["CANA83-3TM114",GEOGCS
["CANA83-3TM114",DATUM["NAD 83",SPHEROID["GRS 80",
6378137,298.25722210089],TOWGS84[0,0,0,0,0,0,0]],PRIMEM["Greenwich",
0],UNIT["Degrees", 0.0174532925199433]],PROJECTION["Transverse
Mercator"],PARAMETER["central_meridian", -114],PARAMETER
["latitude_of_origin", 0],PARAMETER["scale_factor", 0.9999],PARAMETER
["false_easting", 0],PARAMETER["false_northing", 0],UNIT["Meter", 1]]
</CoordinateSystem>
   </SupplementalSpatialContextInfo>

and then use setresource to push the full xml back into the
repository.  This will only work to provide a coordinate system for
feature sources that don't have a coordinate system until RFC 6 is in
place, then it will actually override the coordinate system.

Cheers

Paul