[mapguide-users] RE: MapGuide service would not start

Ronnie Louie ronnie.louie at autodesk.com
Wed Feb 7 12:28:10 EST 2007

Do you have any services running on your machine that could be slowing
down the startup of the MapGuide Service?  As I recall, the services are
started in alphabetical order, so one thing you could try is to change
the name of the service, which will affect the start order of the
services in Windows.  The default name for the service is "MapGuide
Server".  You can specify your own name when you install the service at
the command line using "mgserver /install <Name>".  If you give it a
name such as "Aaa Mapguide Server" perhaps the machine can try and start
it before it starts some other resource-consuming service.

Ronnie