[mapguide-users] Confusion on licensing of Mapguide Studio 2007

Rahul Vipparthi rahul at mftech.org
Sun Feb 11 01:56:15 EST 2007

We are planning to use Mapguide opensource server for deployment and
Mapguide studio 2007 for authoring purpose.
According to Autodesk India, I cannot purchase Studio 2007 separately. I
need to purchase Mapguide Enterpise (commercial) too! The cost of this
approach is 3 times. Studio ~USD500, Server+Studio is ~ USD1800.
Is this licensing strategy followed in other parts of the world ? It doesn’t
sound right to me.