[mapguide-users] Confusion on licensing of Mapguide Studio 2007

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sun Feb 11 12:03:17 EST 2007

Yeah, I'm sure that some resellers still haven't got the message about MapGuide Open Source.  Part of MGOS' value for Autodesk is that it provides a bridge into organisations that wouldn't touch ADSK products otherwise.  Customers that want to buy Studio on its own really need to be encouraged.

Unfortunately, these resellers are looking at Enterprise as an upsell opportunity without considering the long-term benefits.  Autodesk really needs to work on reigning in resellers that are panning MapGuide Open Source or doing anything that might decrease its adoption.

Jason