[mapguide-users] King.Oracle FDO Provider ORA-12705 error

Jon Vincent JVincent at instepsoftware.com
Tue Feb 20 16:44:44 EST 2007

I am attempting to get up and running with the King.Oracle FDO provider
but I am having some trouble making the connection in MapGuide Studio.
I am using the 0.4.4 version, and I have the latest version of Studio
installed(1.0.0.17804), but when i attempt to make a connection I get
the error: ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid
environment specified.

I have taken a look at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Oracle\NLS_LANG
setting and I have tried renaming, and deleting it.  I added it back in
and changed the value to AMERICAN which is the setting for nls_language
for my database.  I can't find any other information about this and I
was hoping someone else may have some other suggestions.

Finally I'm running Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon