[mapguide-users] transparency and gdal again

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Thu Feb 22 11:36:25 EST 2007

Aaaaah, yes. For 8 bit palleted, the MapGuide code explicitly sets alpha
to 255 after getting the color from the palette. Here is the unfortunate
line of code:

for (int i=0; i<w; i++) *dstptr++ = 0xff000000 | ((int*)palette)[*px++];

If I remember correctly, I did this to work around a problem with
palettes coming from the Autodesk.Raster provider having alpha set to 0
in the palette when it should have been 255.

It makes sense now.

Traian