[mapguide-users] polyline layer from ODBC data feature

GM_Mizar giampiero.massa at torino.miz.it
Thu Feb 22 06:21:18 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to define a layer showing polylines starting from tables in SQL
Server 2005. I've two tables:

Roads - with the list of roads monitored by our system
UI_Vertex - with the list of point touched by the line that represents the
road

I've defined a data connection with ODBC and inside a join with itself with
Roads as primary feature class and UI_Vertex as secondary. The UI_Vertex has
its own geometry defined by X and Y fields.

When I define the layer, I choose the join as feature class and the only
geometry available is the one associated with the join (because the primary
feature class doesn't have a geometry I think).

The result is that nothing is shown on the layer.

Now my questions:
1) is that feasable?
2) if yes, what is the correct way to configure the layer?

Thank you very much for your attention.