[mapguide-users] Guestion about speedup mapguide, diferent domainname to mapagent.fcgi.

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Feb 28 15:32:58 EST 2007

This would be cool in combination with a custom error handler, which
would be used to generate missing tiles, return a 404 if the tile
genuinely doesn't exist, or a 50x error on server issues.  It would also
allow you to take advantage of all of the great caching capabilities
that you get with the web server, including the ability to respond to
if-modified-since queries by default.

I'm not sure why the restriction of one base layer group only per map?
Couldn't you set the root of the tile cache directory as the virtual
directory, and then have access to all of the groups?

I would love to see this, especially in combination with TMS :)

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Tile_Map_Service_Specification

Of course, as we've discussed, there are some incompatibilities between
TMS and MapGuide's caching scheme that would need to be resolved.

Jason